Tuesday 30 December 2014

A little more Cambridge

I ate my lunch on Christmas Eve overlooking King's College, with the BBC van pulled up outside, waiting to relay the service of nine lessons and carols. And the choral scholar at the next table - all very festive. It was a lovely day for photography, and there was one moment when I had to abandon my artisan sausage and mushroom sauce to run outside and capture a particularly nice moment of light on the gatehouse of King's, against some darker purplish clouds. I think my parents probably stole some of my chips while I was out on the pavement, but I felt it was worth it for the lovely colours.


Throughout the day the winter light had been ideal, making quite ordinary details look lovely.





And I had a bit of fun discussing with a new elderly man friend how best to capture myself and King's in a bauble in the window of the sweetie shop opposite.


No comments:

Post a Comment